Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Custer Family Get Togethers

Not a very good photo, to the left side, you can see Freda, probably holding Bruce, picture was cut off, then Dorothy, with Bill behind her, next Bessie, holding on to myself and Nancy, behind her looks like Ed, holding Beverly, then Phyllis Holsapple, Harvey standing in front, then Mildred, Dwaine sitting down front, Harold holding Sonny, Lenore sitting down, holding Billy Joe Warner's face.  Mae and Lester were also in there someplace.

Christmas 1952, my Grandma Bessie was showing off a new thimble she received. In the photo are from the left sitting on floor, is Timothy, Bruce, Mike, Sonny, Beverly, Steve, Patty (Nancy was cut off) Freda, Junior behind her, then Dwaine, Dorothy, Harvey, Mae, Bessie, Bill holding Doug, Ed, Mildred, Harold, Vera, Mable, Lenore and her friend was cut off.

Another view of same Christmas,  All the Grandkids were standing.
Michael, Bruce, in front are Timothy and Doug, behind Doug is Sonny, Beverly and Steve.
Next row is Freda, I believe pregnant with Bradley,
Harvey, Bessie, Mildred, Patty and Nancy
Next row, can hardly seem him, is Junior, Lester, Dorothy peeking through, Mae, Mable who helped Grandma, Lenore and a friend of Lenore's Helen.
Clear in the back is Bill peeking through, Vera standing on a chair and Harold standing on a chair.  I have no idea who was taking the photo.

One of the Custer reunions held at Millers Grove.
I think the one lady is Aunt Gertie's daughter, Helen,  standing next to her is Freda, Juniors wife, then Aunt Gertie my Grandfather's sister, I think Vivian, then my Grandma Bessie.
Back row is Catherine, Dorothy, Vera, and another I think of Uncle Emery's daughter, and then I believe his wife.  The one little girl in front, can only see her bangs I think is Beverly. I think it had to be no later then 1950, probably even before that.  Perhaps around 1947.



No comments: